Frequently Asked Questions
Financial scams have become so prevalent that they’re now considered “the crime of the 21st century.”
– National Council of Aging
“People lose a lot of money to phone scams — sometimes their life savings. Scammers have figured out countless ways to con you out of your money over the phone. In some scams, they pretend to act friendly and helpful. In others, they attempt to threaten or scare you. One thing you can count on is that scammers will try to get your money or your personal information to commit identity theft.”
-Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information website
To scammers, we are all viable targets. None of us are immune to the personal and financial injury they may potentially cause. However, our seniors are the most preyed upon by these criminals. Scammers might get seniors to wire or send them money by claiming to be a family member who is in trouble and needs money. They might also solicit money from our seniors by posing as a fake charity, especially after a natural disaster. There are many scams aimed at our senior population. Here is some information to better acquaint yourself with what is currently affecting many Americans today.
Please refer to article here.
Phone scams are destructive and demeaning. They can come from anywhere in the world without warning and they can inflict irreparable damage both financially and personally.
For more information, please click here.
Answer Sure functions as a barrier between predatory scammers and their intended victims. This barrier assists at protecting ourselves and our loved ones from becoming victims of scammers. Answer Sure monitors calls 24/7.
For the mobile app CLICK HERE For landlines the Answer Sure service works in the following four simple steps:
- Set up a second line with your phone service provider. Answer Sure links to your phone through this additional line.
Note: For best results, be certain that you share your new, second phone number with Answer Sure only. We will confirm this number when setting up your service and we will ensure that your additional line is registered with the National Do Not Call Registry.
- Fill out our Client Profile.
- Choose a unique code for the caller vetting process.
- Using the “Call Forward” function on your primary telephone number, you automatically send incoming calls to your second line, where they will be vetted by Answer Sure. We ensure that your incoming calls are managed. Potential scammers cannot contact you without clearance from Answer Sure.
Once call forwarding is done, the Answer Sure service will clear every call that comes to that specific phone. The Answer Sure service will qualify the call and require a specific CODE which is only known to the member or those the member has provided to known persons. When the caller provides the right CODE, the call will be connected to our client’s primary telephone. Of course, this CODE should not be shared with people that the member does not want to communicate with.
** We highly recommend adding the landline phone number your Answer Sure service will be placed on, as well as the newly acquired second phone line to the National Do No Call Registry. **
For our mobile app – CLICK HERE
For our landline service, you will need to start with signing up and completing your Client Profile.
Our landline service comes in two plans:
$39.95 per month – this automated service will be totally dependent upon a numeric code to allow the call to be put through to the intended recipient.
$49.95 per month – this individualized service will have a representative answering all calls. A code word will be necessary. With this plan, if necessary, a message may be taken by our representative. These messages will be sent to the contact email given on the client information form.
C. Mobile App – $4.99 per month with automatic renewal. Taxes may apply. CLICK HERE
Answer Sure cannot be held responsible for the following and other similar scenarios:
- The code is shared with others the caller would not want it to be shared with.
- Third-Party Calls (TPC) being patched through by a vetted and approved caller – for example, a known and vetted caller is connected to our Answer Sure client and while on the call the vetted caller connects a third party to speak with our client – the vetted and admitted caller is patching in another caller that Answer Sure has not vetted and cannot be held responsible for vetting.
- With the Representative plan, depending on your call count volume, an additional charge of $1.00 per minute will be included on plans that receive more than 50 calls per month.